Visiting the Clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has definitely created a new normal and has also impacted how our clinic runs daily. Our priority during this pandemic is the health and safety of our physicians, staff and patients; and are following the most current protocols put out by the AHS.
To help you prepare for your upcoming appointment please review the information below.
Preparing for your appointment
- In order to protect the health of our physicians and staff, we request that only ONE parent/caregiver accompany the child who is booked for the appointment. DO NOT bring any children who do not have an appointment scheduled.
- Should anyone in your family develop any of the following symptoms prior to the appointment or if there is a history of close contact with a person who has these symptoms, has a history of travel or has a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, DO NOT come to the clinic. Please cancel your appointment either by phone or email.
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause
- Please do not arrive for your appointment more than 5 early or later than your appointment time as we have scheduled appointments to allow for social distancing.
- When you arrive, please approach the AHS screening desk. An AHS approved mask will be provided to you. If you are already wearing a mask, you will be asked to replace it.
- A screening procedure will follow.
- After being screened, please proceed to the Chidlren’s Health Clinic desk. If you arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment, you may be asked to wait until a room becomes available. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you may asked to reschedule.
- You will be escorted to an exam room where we will update your contact information and the child’s school/daycare information.
After your appointment
- Do not stop at the check-out desk. Please leave the building and call the clinic from home to schedule your follow up appointment.
We apologize for the inconvenience but the safety and wellbeing of our staff, physicians and patients are of utmost importance during this pandemic.